The Waking Dragons if for you if…
• You want to master the communication skills to be a more Assertive, Confident, and Empathetic leader
• You're ready to overcome the "nice guy" syndrome and show up like a "King" in life, work, and love
• You know that the inner work to develop a sharp mind and strong body allows you to GET what you want and KEEP it
• You understand the cross-cultural differences in values are a "bamboo ceiling" and want to break through it
• You want to become a better father, husband, and partner to provide for and protect your loved ones
• You're ready to step into greater leadership, living up to your fullest potential and purpose
• You desire brotherhood and connection, a safe and supportive space of men like you
We got you brother.JOIN TODAY
ABOUT THE WAKING DRAGONS COMMUNITY
Our mission is to provide all Asian Men with world-class leadership and personal development training to become better fathers, husbands, brothers, and leaders in life, work, and love. Our training and methodologies are backed by licensed psychologists, researchers, and industry experts.
We focus on...
We are stronger and more integrated men when we’re surrounded by other men who hold us accountable to the best version of ourselves. We’ve seen men go through incredible transformations—starting businesses they’ve been dreaming of, finding their soul mates, finding their purpose, quitting addictions, healing trauma—because they finally stopped “doing it alone” and had the support of men who have their backs while also lovingly challenging them.
Many men grow up being conditioned to show only their best sides, hiding everything else: their feelings, fears, shadows and shame. What we resist, persists, and continues to hold us back from being our greatness. What we authentically share and move through together becomes the key to turning our messes into our message, our pains into our power, our fears into our freedom.
We're here to walk the walk. Knowledge is only as powerful as it is being put into aligned and committed action. We learn together and take action together. When we win, we celebrate together. When we fail, we get back up together and turn our lessons into forward momentum. This is our Arena to forge healthier, wealthier, happier, and wiser men.
WHY ASIAN MEN?
To put it simply, because of Relatability. As Asian men, we may share similar cultural experiences that many others may not fully relate to: core values and beliefs that are taught at a young age, experiences with being seen as minorities within our own communities, or common patterns and traumas that are easier to talk about with others who have experienced the same.
We created this community to bring together men who share similar challenges in Asian culture and cross-cultural differences, to work through them together.
• Defining our success and worthiness based on what your parents (or other people) want, rather than what you truly want
• Being attached and consumed by outer appearance, status, materialism and how others see you
• Feeling the need to “fit in” rather than being uniquely you
• Struggling to not fully express your feelings and needs, and being frustrated when others don’t understand you
• Being a “lone wolf” and feeling like you have to “do it alone” because asking for help is a sign of “weakness”
• Taking care of everyone else first before yourself (or at the cost of yourself) because you have been conditioned to be the responsible caretaker
• Lacking motivation, or feeling burnt out in life. Constantly feeling like you don’t have enough time or energy.
• Lacking a sense of purpose or meaning because your path was “pre-determined” for you
• Feeling the pressure of needing to perform well to prove your worth, in both work and relationships
You Are The Product Of The Choices You Make (or Don’t Make)
MEET THE FOUNDERS
John is the host of the Big Asian Energy show, a leadership coach for Asian North Americans, has been a teacher and speaker for 15 years, and has been leading men’s groups for the past 4 years. He is trained in performance coaching, group facilitation, emotional intelligence, and NLP. After experiencing a deep burnout and what he calls the “dark night of his soul”, he has dedicated his life to helping people discover their purpose and step into their true and most powerful selves. His core message includes self-acceptance, self-awareness, and self-leadership.
Colin is a former monk turned leadership coach and business mentor to mission-driven entrepreneurs. Turned off by the expectations of a traditional Asian American career path, Colin chose an unconventional path instead. He spent 7 years training as a Buddhist monk before transitioning back into the world with a mission to build better leaders, to change the future of work. Today he spends his time mentoring CEOs, building rockstar teams, and developing training on leadership and mindset mastery. He's been dedicated to the inner work for 20 years and has lead men’s groups for the past 4 years.
Toper is a Community Architect and Strategist for coaches, entrepreneurs, and brands such as Jay Shetty, Matthew Hussey, Zach Bush, and more. He is also is a Relationship Coach with his wife, helping coach BIPOC couples achieve more lasting love, intimacy, and passion in their relationship. He has co-created community events that have been covered on CTV News, Global News, Vancouver is Awesome, and Vice. Today, he passionately leads men's groups and is a self proclaimed "self-development nut", regularly diving into therapy, workshops and retreats doing the deep inner-work.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
• You are ready to hold yourself accountable to a higher version of you. You are ready to do the work NOW, and are willing to take action to change yourself for the better TODAY.
• You identify yourself as Asian: East Asian, South Asian, Half Asian, Part Asian—all are welcome.
• GBTQ men are welcome. Feel free to ask as further questions if you’d like more clarification.
WHO IS THIS NOT FOR?
• We practice radical responsibility here, meaning our goal isn’t to sit around and complain how it’s everyone else’s fault for doing us wrong. The shaming or attacking of any other race or gender is NOT welcome. Toxicity, misogyny, sexism, racism, or any of the other -isms is NOT welcome.
• This is not a therapy group. While support and safe space to share often has therapeutic effects, our purpose is not therapy and would recommend mental health professionals.
• We are aware that race is a complex topic and systemic issues exist, and may come up in discussion, but our main focus is not politics. We’re here to support each other on becoming our best self.
WHAT'S INSIDE THE WAKING DRAGONS?
You can expect:
- Weekly Live Group Coaching Calls
- Live Trainings & Workshops on building confidence, communications skills, leadership, relationships, inner work, and so much more
- January's Trainings: Vision Clarity and Peak Productivity
- February's Trainings: Relationships, Dating, and Confident Communication
- Library of On-Demand Courses & Training
- Monthly Breathwork Sessions
- Private Members Area to stay connected, get accountability and support from your fellow brothers
- In-Person Events & Workshops
Hear What Our Members Have To Say About Waking Dragons:
Daniel Wang, 38
Jeremy Pham, 33
Nick Wong, 34
"Biggest change in my life was joining this brotherhood. Brought a lot of inner reflection and a safe place to release my emotions during the difficult time in my relationships. Lots of things I didn't know I needed."